Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sunset and Family Shot!

The Solway Firth sunset - 20mm 2.8@ F/16 - ND grad filters and  a tad of exposure blending on the foreground.


Well, after ditching my 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 lens in favour of primes, I have to say I'm pretty impressed! The quality seems to be much better, and as I'm more concious that any cropping will reduce the quality, I take much more care with the framing and composition "in camera". I'm using  20mm 2.8,50mm and 85mm primes at the moment. I must admit I'm looking at the older 70-200 again..I just love this lens and it gives superb sunstars and isolation of the subject@200mm. We'll see ;)

After a couple of pretty unsuccessful countryside outings to find some great shots, I really need to make much more of an effort to be there either in the early AM or late PM.. although to do this in reality, is quite difficult to do! I've decided that organising and planning the week with consistent updates on the kitchen calendar is the way to do it. That way, even when you're having a poor day and would normally just crash after work, you can look forward to doing something a little more constructive when you get home (watching EastEnders ISN'T constructive!):p

Now..where did I put that pen?

A recent family group shot - Taken with my trusty 50mm 1.8@ f/8 -SB800 and SB600  to camera right providing the fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment